Friday, March 20, 2009

an entry

I went to visit my high school today. First time since I graduated.

It was so strange. 

They did some major renovations to the place. Some parts were the same, others completely new. Unrecognizable. In the old parts though, it felt like I never left. Most of the teachers I would have wanted to visit retired (those that were involved in theater) but I did run into a few other teachers I knew and was met by them with a blank stare. I guess I didn't really leave an impression at that school. I was a quiet kid. I didn't speak up much or do anything extraordinary. I'm not particularly an extraordinary person. I don't know what I was expecting.

Or maybe it's all bullshit when teachers say that they care about their students. Who the fuck knows. 

In any case it was incredibly weird to be back there again. 
I am glad to be out of high school.

I don't know if I would like to go back there again.

No comments: