Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Ugly Truth, Disneyland, No sleep and more!

This weekend was CRAZY!

Thursday I got tickets to the premiere of The Ugly Truth. So I invited Veronica to go with me. We left work around 4 to get to the premiere at 7:00. We stopped off at her place and mine to get ready... then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours in traffic! The invite said to be there at 7, for a start time of 7:30. But we didn't get to the Archlight until 7:30 becuase of traffic... so we were convinced that we wouldn't get in.

Luckily we did. We were not seated in the main dome where the actors and people who worked on the film were (they had a few over flow seats for fans in the main theater, but we arrived to late to get them). We were seated in the overflow theater, which was still a HUGE screen! Also got free popcorn and drink. I am by no means complaining.

The movie was really really cute. Just like evry other chick flick ever (27 Dresses, How to Loose a Guy in 10 Day, etc). But I still liked it because as hard core as I sometimes try to act (which is really not that hard core at all... but still), I am really a stupid romantic at heart.

After we decided it mgiht be fun to try and see if we could see the actors leaving the premiere. On our way to do so passed Kate Walsh! We didn;t stop her for a picture becuase she looked like she was in a big rush to get out of there.

I managed to squeeze my way to the front of the line at the red carpet. Katherine Heigle came out and was signing a bunch of stuff, but was being hurried off by the time she got to me. But I did tell her that I thougth she did a fantastic job in teh film (I actually do think she did really well). She stopped, turned to me and grabbed my hand and said "Oh! Thank you SO much!".

I was all kinds of star struck and happy! (I don't care if I am a fan girl... don;t judge me!)

Some fo the other actors came out on teh carpet as well. I saw Cheryl Hines, but she only stopped for a few autographs (Eric Winter didn;t stop for a single one!). Yvette Nicole Brown was really REALLY cool though. She signed a TON of stuff and was taking pictures with everyone (I got one). She was really really nice.

Gerard Butler also came out, singed a bunch of stuff and was taking pictures. He signed my ticket (whcih I am getting framed by the way... I don't even care how much of a dork that makes me) AND HE TOOK A PICTURE WITH ME! :)

This MADE my life! He was SOSOSO nice. I told him that I love him... cause I am a dorky fan girl and he turned back to me and said "oh I bet you say that to all the guys". I said "Yeah, you know I do. I love breaking hearts" And he laughed.

Wow. I am a nerd. But I don't care.

ANYHOO after the premiere went back to my apartment, only to find that I had forgotten my keys inside. Fuck.

So I called my brother and spent a sleepless night there.

The next day my friend Kayla came by. We walked along Wilshire and looked at some of the shops. There is this one re-sale designer store we stopped in. TOTAL rip off. Selling used clothes for over $300? yeah. no.

We also went to a pet store where I found a baby African Grey Parrot who I fell in love it and it loved me and now I want it. I need to find a way to raise $1300 for the "Sammi needs a bird" fund.

That ngiht I decided to go to this Jewish thing with Kayla and some people she knew. I say "Jewish thing" because I don't even want to ATTEMPT to spell the real name.
In any case I actually had a really good time. Good food, good people, good conversation.

Then went back to my apartment (got a ride back from this really hot, but really obnoxious russian guy Kayla know). Got back way late and had to wake up at 6:00am the next morning (night 2 with very little sleep).

The next day I went to Disneyland with Angela!!!

LOVE Disney! I am 12. Went on all the major rides at Disney and California Adventure. AND took pictures with my 3 favorite princesses and Mickey. SUCH a good day. I can't wait to go back.

I am only half kidding when I say that I want to be a disney princess. I might actually look into doing it for a summer... maybe. Every girl wants to be a disney princess... and I have never given up that dream!

I was SO tired by the end on the day, but for some reason I didn't sleep very well. My feet hurt a lkot and I think that that is what kept me awake (and some random late night phone calls).

(Night 3 with little sleep)

Sunday I did some filming for Half Day Today, which went really well.

The thign I filmed isn't complete yet, but check out the Half Day Today site. There's some really good stuff on there:

http://www.halfdaytoday.com

Kayla spent the night... and our sleeping habits did NOT mesh well.

Night 4 with VERY little sleep.

Other than all that not much is going on. Work has picked up a bit (I actually ahve stuff to do... which I should probably get on instead of writing here). Tom Green was in the office yesterday, I did not get to meet him. sad.

But last night and the giht before I slept! So I am a much happier person.

I can't beleive I only have a week and a half left in LA.
Where did summer go?

No comments: