Monday, May 19, 2008

The Oregon Trail

Today we drove just over 1000 miles from Chicago to Denver. It took us about 15 hours to get here. 

I really don't have much to say about the drive. It wasn't the worst thing in the world. Although Nebraska sucks... hardcore. It just goes on and on.

The only thing that is in Nebraska besides massive amounts of cows, is Pioneer Village. There were signs for it 200 miles away from where it was.

We did not stop to see it because we are not that cool.

Driving out west reminds me of Oregon trail... this went along with the Pioneer Village thing. Although I have to say that Pioneer Village in Nebraska would suck because they weren't real Pioneers. They were wimps who gave up half way to Oregon or California or wherever they were going.

No one likes Nebraska. 

Anyhoo, I always died in Oregon trail. I would make a family and make myself the daughter... and my character would always die of dysentery or get bit by a rattle snake. 

I'm kinda hoping this doesn't happen on my mighty trip west.

I have already survived the mighty Mississippi, so things are looking good.

More good news is that we are currently in Denver by mountains, and tomorrow we will be driving through said mountains and going to Vegas. 

Should be good time.



No comments: