Saturday, May 24, 2008

Studio City


The last few days I really haven't done anything except get food and run down Santa Monica (my goal for the end of the summer is to be able to run to the beach... not sure if that is going to happen as I am out of shape, but I can try).

Last night though we went to Studio City (the shopping center right outside of Universal Studios) to see Indiana Jones. 

Stop reading if you haven't seen Indiana Jones and want to:

The movie was ridiculous. It was good at some parts and had the adventure that you expect in an Indiana Jones movie. But really, who thought it would be a good idea to have Indiana Jones deal with aliens? I was totally willing to go along with the film, until the alien part. Indiana surviving a nuclear bomb? Ok.  Shia LaBeouf is Indiana's long lost son? Fine. Crazy huge ants that eat people? Kinda cool.

But alien? No. 

There were other problems with the movie too. The use and CGI animals was just stupid. For example when Shia LaBeouf was swinging through the trees with the monkeys. That didn't need to happen. And I have no idea what was with the prairie dogs in the begining. Oh George Lucas, why do you love  bad CGI?

It was a fun movie I guess, but no where near worth the $13 I paid for tickets. 


Anyhoo nothing else is really going on.

I haven't been to central casting yet, but I'm going there Wed so it's all good. After this week more interesting things will happen cause I won't just be stuck in the apartment.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

ALIENS.


Ahahahahahaahaha


Love you.