Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Perfect Age of Rock and Roll

Worked this guy Thursday night.

Shooting took place at some really creepy monastery which everyone said was haunted. 

This shoot was kinda disorganized. It took nearly 4 hours to get all the extras through wardrobe and hair and makeup. It wasn't that the call was huge... it's that there was 1 girl doing wardrobe and she went through every item everyone brought piece by piece and then checked and double checked them.

I ended up in this snake print red sparkly posh spice dress. It was amazing.
...I took a picture with my phone. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload it.

So after all of that we just sat around for 4 more hours doing nothing. 
(They were shooting other scenes that didn't need extras.)

Finally around 3am we were brought in for shooting. It was a scene around a pool and we watched as some guy... I guess a in a band or something... threw a chair into the pool. Then his friend goes after him and yells at all the guests. 

He improved this... and one time he decided it would be a good idea to take a champaign bottle and throw it where people were sitting..... without any warning. Luckily the bottle didn't break or hit anyone in the head, but we were pretty pissed off he did that. It came REALLY close to hitting a few people and I was close enough that if that bottle had broke, I probably would have gotten cut by glass.

Now I am all for being in the moment and doing what feels right and creativity and whatnot, but not when it endangers people. Also there was a pool in the same general area! He could still have thrown the bottle... but done it in the pool and NOT risked hitting people.

Dumb dumb dumb. 

Next week I have a feeling is going to be a good one. I am working Greek on Monday and Tuesday and then Hannah Montana the Movie (oh boy!) on Wednesday.

No comments: