Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Touristyness and Bollywood

This weekend:

My parents came into town this weekend. So we did super touristy things all weekend. Saturday we drove down Rodeo Drive, ate at In and Out (by the way... the veggie burger there? Not actually a veggie burger. Just a burger with no patty), and when to go see the Grauman's Chinese Theater with the hand prints and whatnot.

It wasn't neatly as big as I thought it would be. Also there were SO many people there. It was packed with tourists! Also there were people dressed up in costumes all around trying to get people to take pictures of them (little bit more of a story on this later on). 

So we looked at all the handprints. I was searching for Audrey Hepburn... but I guess she didn't have her handprints there which made me really sad. BUT we did find Marilyn Monroe's which was cool to see. 

And fun fact, my hands are EXACTLY the same size as hers. Same size palm, same finger length.... exactly exactly the same. So that was cool and also OBVIOUSLY means that I was Marilyn Monroe in a past life or something crazy and stupid like that.

The next day we checked out Venice Beach. I really liked it. I loved all the shops and whatnot... bought some pretty earrings.

But I am just going to throw it out there... looking at bongs with your parents?
... a little awkward. 


Damn Love:

Worked this Monday at LAX. And guess what... IT WAS A BOLLYWOOD MOVIE!!! 

Hilarious... just.... hilarious.

There was one scene where the actors were walking out of the airport... and all of a sudden they just break into dance for a few seconds. Then just go on like nothing happened. 

Love it.

The craft was great, we had Indian food for lunch and there was AMAZING chai tea :)

But Monday was not all dancing, tea, and rainbows. 
Oh no.
It was LAX so something shitty HAD to happen.

At the top of the day there was a sign that said "EXTRAS!" on it. So I pulled over and asked one of the crew guys where I should park and he said (and I quote) "You see that parking structure over there? Parking structure number 4, park there".

So like the good little lemming doing what I was told, I parked in parking structure number 4. Fine. Done. Whatever.

At the end of the day I go to leave and the cashier tries charging me $30. I told him I was with "Bollywood Hollywood" (the production company) and that I was not suppose to be charged. I even showed him my work voucher to prove I was with them. 

But that didn't do any good. So I had to go park my car again, and run over to find someone on the crew who could help me. There was another women (the most obnoxious women ever by the way) who was in my same situation. We found one of the crew to help us. 

Then he proceeded to argue with the manager of the cashiers department, trying to tell them that the production would pay for it later and just to bill them, but some how that didn't work and the parking place couldn't do that. So I got stuck with this "PTP" which is basically a bill that I have to go and try to get voided.

So I called in today to try and do that, and the woman told me that I have to write a letter to LAX and it can't be done over the phone....

ARG.

SO frustrating.

Hate it.

Hate LAX.

Again... Arg.

But I am working Heros tomorrow, so hopefully that will be fun, and I won't have to pay $30 for someone else's screw up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite comedians Paul F. Tompkins does this bit about all the people dressing up in front of that theater to take pictures with tourists and such. It sounds like an interesting career move.