Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1 week of work

Started work at Vh1 this week. Here's a super exciting update from my week! 

Hurray!

I started work on Monday. It was before the main orientation for all the interns at MTVN and 2 of the girls from my department weren't there, so we didn't really go over anything within my specific department. I shadowed a girl for the first half of the day, then when she left (she was only there a half day) I took over the phones for her and just did "research" (which involved me on TMZ and Perez all day). Then me and another intern spent about an hour trying to figure out how to put together these magazine racks. 
... seriously. They were really confusing. 

The MTVN offices are really cool. They look all kinds of trendy- kinda real worldish... only with cubicals and no hot tub (so probably actually not very real wordly at all). But they still are cool... and trendy and whatnot.

It's also a really relaxed environment. People just kinda yell to each other in the offices and talk about celeb gossip. Not to say it's not professional. It is. It's just chill.

Tuesday was orientation. All of us were put into a conference room room and shown a video of all of the MTVN channels having a BIG party together. YAY!!! Then we drew pictures of what MTVN means to us. We used smelly markers. It was great.

Then or department had our own orientation. After that I was given my first job, which was to do some research on talent (this took all day).

Today I finished up the research from yesterday (it was ALOT). Covered phones again, and organized head shots that had been sitting in a box for a LONG ass time. No really... there were some from 2001. 

Last night I went to a meeting for my brothers new production group thing called "Half Day Today".

Other then that nothing has really been up. I've pretty much just been at the offices and then crashing after. But I have Fridays off- so I might see if I can find any extra work to (if I can find a good car rental place that is close). 

So... yeah. That's y update.

No comments: