Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1000 Words

Worked an Eddy Murphy film today called 1000 Words.

Arg.

It was a cattle call, meaning there was over 300 extras.

It was filmed at Santa Monica Pier which was nice cause it's 2 miles away from my house. But still it wasn't the best day ever.

My call was 7:30am, but they didn't even start bringing people over to set until 10:00am. Then they needed people to ride the roller coaster and the ferris wheel. I happily volunteered for that. It was actually pretty fun for a while. Just kinda chilled on the ferris wheel. But after about 3 spins on it they decided they didn't need us anymore so they told us to just go back to the holding area. 

...I sat in holding for the next 8 hours (minus the 30min they gave us for lunch... which was late and the food was questionable). We would MAYBE see a PA around every 2 hours and would ask them what to do/ if they needed us. (This wasn't all 300 people that were sitting around all day... maybe about 150. They obviously overbooked).

They didn't.
But we were still to wait there.

Then they decided that they needed us for a beach scene, and so the brought a bunch of us down to the beach (lucky me... I was one of the 70 people chosen while everyone else got to go home). 

Then they put me in a position on a play ground... but then didn't give me ay direction. So I did what any normal person would do.

I found the swing set and started to swing.

When it became obvious they weren't even going to see me in the shot (the camera was actually facing the opposite direction. It looked like they had no intention of filming facing me... mostly because the sun was starting to set and they wouldn't have time to switch positions) me and a few other decided it was time to go back to base camp and check out. 

And I did.

Arg. 

Long ass boring day.

Didn't even really see Eddy Murphy, maybe from far away. But I don't think that counts. Also we all got a big talk from the assistant directors not to approach him because yesterday there were some extras who were trying to pitch him scripts. Also there were a bunch of rumors floating around that he hates extras (understandable).


Tomorrow I am working The Suit Life of Zack and Cody because apparently I look like I am 14. I'm suppose to be one of their classmates. I know I look young... but I think 14 is pushing it.


Oh well... it's a job.


No comments: