Thursday, June 5, 2008

Californication and My Name is Earl

Californication:

Worked this on Tuesday. It was pretty cool cause this is actually one of my favorite shows and the 4 main actors on the show were on set that day. They kind of ignored the extras, but that is to be expected. I was playing a catholic school girl, which was hilarious! They gave us a uniform: grey skirt (which was actually pretty short), white polo, blue sweater, knee high socks. I loved it. I would have kept it if I could. I have decided that I need to go out and buy some knee high socks cause they are bad ass. One of the girls had a camera and took pictures. I gave her my email so she could send some photos. If I ever do get them sent to me I will post them here.
So what I was doing was walking around outside the catholic school. Nothing big. I didn't really get to pick up on any plot points to the show either. Which I was kinda sad about. But I'm pretty sure that I will be seen on camera which is good.
There were a lot of minors on the set (13 year olds) being extras too and I was paired up with one of them on set for a while (we were walking partners... oh joy of all joys). She actually was a really sweet girl... loved Hannah Montana a bit too much, but what you gonna do. It just reminded me of what I did last summer. And how I never ever want to be a camp councilor ever again. EVER. 
I will say that the Kraft service for that show was AMAZING. Krafty is going to make me gain so much weight this summer. But I don't care. It's amazing. 
I would love to do that show again. The crew was really nice and not gonna lie our AD was pretty damn good looking.
Not  bad way to earn $60.

My Name is Earl:

This shoot was pretty different for me then Californication was. First the call was HUGE. There were at least 100 extras.

The first thing they had us do was be an 80's crowed at a basketball game watching Jenna Elfman (she was guest staring on the show) got attacked by a badger. It was pretty good times. Then we were a crowed watching a cheerleading competition that Earl danced in which was absolutly hilarious to watch. I loved it!

Then me and 4 other girls got pulled to be stand-ins for some of the actresses on the show. Stand-in are used to stand in for the actors while the crew sets up the shot. It's so they can get the correct camera angle and figure out the correct lighting for the scene. The when they are ready to shoot they replace the stand-ins with the actual actors. 
The characters we were standing in for were "misfit cheerleaders". There was the pregnant cheerleader, a fat cheerleader, sassy cheerleader, and a cheerleader with headgear (this is the girl I stood in for). They had a few scenes with Earl and his brother, so when the cast was replacing us I kinda got to meet Jason Lee (Earl) and Ethan Suplee (Earl's brother) which was really cool. They both seemed like really funny really nice guys. Jason Lee was cracking jokes and goofing off all day, so that made the set a really fun one to work on. Also the scenes that we got to watch were hilarious. It's was really fun watching him work. 
It was a long ass day though. I was there from 6:30am to 9:15pm. But because I was a stand-in I did get a higher base pay, and I got at least 3 hours of double time. Which means that I should have a decent sized check coming my way.
Also I got 3 meals at Kraft which, again, were fantastic. 
I normally don't watch Earl... but I am going to keep an eye out for the cheerleader episode. I may or may not be seen on camera in this one (depends on the shots they use) but still it looked like a really funny episode and I want to see it. So if anyone who reads this (if anyone actually does read this) sees the Earl episode about cheerleading let me know!


Today I have a much needed day off, and tomorrow I a shooting Entourage. Then Monday and Tuesday I am working on a new Vampire show for HBO.

No comments: