Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Entourage and True Blood

Entourage:

This shoot took place on Friday at the Beverly Hills Hilton. 

This shoot was so much fun to be on. The crew was so unbealivably nice to all of the extras and seemed really excited to do the scenes we were shooting (most production crews aren't too super nice to the extras so this was a really nice shoot to be on).

Spoiler:

The scene we shot took place at a sweet sixteen party. Vincent is singing "You're just too good to be true" to the birthday girl (who was super goth so it was pretty funny) for some extra cash, only in the middle of the song Vincent's brother (who is drunk) starts singing with him and then throws up on the birthday cake.

It was really really a fun scene to watch, which made the shoot even better. Also I had a super great position in the shot. I was standing right behind the birthday girl and her mom (Fran Drescher) so there is a very good chance that I will actually be seen on camera... which is pretty fucking baller. Also... I might just be crazy (which is a very strong possibility) but at some points during the song I think that Vincent was looking at me. And, not gonna lie, it kinda made me melt.

Only really bad things were that it got SUPER cold out... and I was wearing this strapless dress they gave me. So that wasn't very fun. Also the dress was too big in the bust so I had to constantly pull it up so the girls didn't pop out.

There was this one really creepy old dude who was bothering me. I was sitting at a table with a group of girls (all about 20) and this guy in his 50's comes and sits right next to us... which was kinda weird. He also kept following us around all night. Just kinda weird.

Also night calls are just tough in general. You see the sun set and rise... and by the end of the night you just want to sleep and not deal with people. Although there was this one lady who, in the line to return wardrobe, would not shut up. She just went on and on about she should have been treated better on set and how she thought she was entitled to more or whatever and I wanted to punch her in the face. Seriously... as an extra you are entitled to shit, and at 5:30am I didn't want to listen to her bitch. She also had an obnoxious voice.

Adrian Grenier was kinda flirting with a couple of the extras on set... which was fun. I actually saw him staring at me twice which kinda made my night. But right before meal break he motioned for this one extra to come with him... and then no one saw her until she and him returned to set together. She was fixing her hair (which looked kinda messy) and adjusting her dress. So guess what they had been up to! 

Overall though i did have a lot of fun on this shoot... and if I can I would work on this show again. Although I would bring a hoodie if it was another night call. It seriously got super super cold!

True Blood:

This was a 2 day shoot. Monday and Tuesday nights.

It took place at Warner Brothers studio. I could see the Warner Bros. water tower from our base camp for the shoot... which made me think of Animaniacs. This made me very very happy.

 I was a guest a party. We were all kinda suppose to be hicks... so they dressed me a white trash with this awkward halter top and horrible horrible shoes (I got to wear my own skirt though which was nice).

I really don't have much to say about this shoot. It was cold... but I had a hoodie this time so it wasn't too bad. Sine we were in the "woods" (the Warner Brothers lot woods at least) there were some bugs around... and our holding wasn't the nicest. 

It was just 2 very long nights. And as part of the set they had a table of crawfish (real ones not fake) so by the end of the shoot they stank!

Anna Paquin was on set... but she kinda kept to herself so I didn't really get to meet her or anything. Same with the rest of the cast. I did get to talk to the writer which was cool.

No vampires were involved in the scene so that was sad. All I did really was sit and then walk, sit and then walk. Not anything new or super exciting.

Tomorrow I am working on The Starter Wife.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sammi! I've been reading your blog and it seems like you are up to some awesome stuff!! You definitely are having a more interesting summer than I am working at the hardware store and kohl's. Haha.

It is very funny to hear that big time TV stars hook up with the extras from the shoots. But then again, it was Entourage.

Can't wait to hear what kind of other stuff you get to be involved with!

-Chrissy