Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lots-o-Stuff

Fence Walker:
This was Thursday night. I really didn't want to work this one because:
a. I wasn't feeling too hot
b. I knew it would be a cattle call and I wouldn't exactly be missed
c. I had a morning call the next day
d. The shoot was super far away

...so I called my calling service to see if I could get out of it, but they wouldn't let me cancel. 

It took me 2 hours in rush hour traffic to drive to the site. I ended up being half an hour late because of all of the traffic.

I got there.... waited around for an hour and a half, and then we finally started shooting.

We spent literally 10 hours shooting the SAME 60 seconds of dialouge. It was rediculous. I thought it was THE STUPIDEST thing ever and the biggest waist of time. 

The cast couldn't even get their lines right. I guess I could understand when it was early in the evening. But after 10 hours of saying THE SAME EXACT LINES some of them STILL couldn't get it right.

It was rediculous. 


So I got out of there at 5:00 in the morning (even though they probably had everything they needed by 1:00am). I drove to the disney studios and slept in my car for about 2 hours.  After that it just got too hot in the car for me to be in there anymore, so I drove to starbucks and got coffee, and got a redbull. 

Suit Life:

We actually shot the thing this time (Friday). We started with rehearsals, and then started shooting. 

Around 3:45 they brought in the live studio audience which was really fun. For the first few hours they seemed really enthusiastic and that was fun, but after a while I could tell they were kinda getting tired, and their energy dropped.

It was kinda cute though cause when the audience was there the twins would kinda show off and try to act super cool, like kids do when they wanna show off.

Really don't have much to say about the shoot other then that I learned from one of the regular extras that everyone was super glad that Ashley Tisdale left the show. I guess she was super spacey and hyper and would slow the shooting process down. Also they were saying that she was a bitch. 

I love learning gossip like that.

I am hoping that they call us back to do that show again because I had a lot of fun working on it. The cast and crew on that show were super nice, and also it's an AFTRA show so it is a higher pay.

Hollywood Improv:

Went to this last night with Hillary. It was really great to see her again.

The comics were hit or miss. Some were really great, but others were just terrible. Although that may have had to do with the fact that it was a very small crowd so there wasn't a lot of energy in the room. 

The headliner that night, I can't remember his name, started off pretty good... but towards the end he just made the show super super depressing. It was just really really awkward to watch.

But still... I had fun, and it was something that I hadn't done before.

Hillary and I also decided that we are going to go to Disney together. 

I am pumped. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

What is the fence walker and who is in it?

That sounded like a helluva shoot. Yikes.

-Chrissy