Monday, June 2, 2008

A much needed update

Sat:
I went to Six Flags with Lee. It was alright. It wasn't what I expected though. I think I had just heard too many great things about Magic Mountain so my expectations got built up too high, especially for X2.
We waited in line just under 3 hours to ride X2, which I had heard was the #1 steal coaster in the world. It was pretty good, but not waiting 3 hours in line good. Also the ride was under a minute long. Yes there was music in the ride and flames came up at one point, but still I was expecting the best thing ever, and it didn't deliver. It might have if it was just a little longer. 
Also when you are standing in line for 3 hours, you kinda run out of things to talk about. So there was a lot of awkward silence. Or I was doing that thing that I do to get rid of awkward silence, I started rambling on and on and on about the stupidest things and asking really dumb questions about stuff that I don't even really care about.
AND while in line they played this commercial for the ride over and over and over again and by the time we got up there I wanted to kill whoever the guy talking was. I still do want to kill him. I will hunt him down, don't think I won't!
We went on a few other rides too: Viper (not the same as the one in Chicago), Ninja (not nearly as cool as the name implies), Batman (same as the one in Chicago... only the "cave leading up to this one was freezing instead of hot and sticky. Not sure which I prefer), and Scream.
Scream I think would have been the best ride we went on all day, except for one thing. I put my bag in these locker things. When we got off the ride the lockers were broken and it wouldn't open up and let me get my stuff. We ended up waiting over 45 min for someone to come and punch 3 numbers in so I could get my stuff and leave.
Lee and I were pretty pissed off by the end of this, so that ruined Magic Mountain all the more.
... also the Riddler ride (which looked AMAZING) was broken, which was another thing that sucked.

Sun:
Went to Santa Monica Beach. Good times.

Mon:
Today was a pretty amazing day. I called into Central Casting and got booked for tomorrow for Californication (which is one of my favorite shows and I am SO excited), then I went to register with LA Uncut. They are another casting service and one of the shows they cast for that is currently in production is Greek (yet another one of my favorite shows). I haven't booked a job on Greek yet, but there is a very good chance that I will get work with them.
Also I just booked a job on Entourage for Friday.
It was a good productive day :)

No comments: